Animals in danger of becoming extinct could lose the protection of government experts who make sure that dams and other projects don't pose a threat, under a regulation the Bush administration is set to put in place.
Welcome everyone, you are now in the comment area of Newsvine, a social news website owned by MSNBC used for public discussion of their stories. Please observe the following rules while you are here so that everyone can enjoy themselves:
1. Please do not post your comments in all-bold or italics.
2. Please stay on topic. The topic for this comment area is: ""
3. Please do not "personally attack" or otherwise defame other commenters.
4. Please keep swearing to a minimum.
5. Please do not post racist, sexist, bigoted, or other intolerant messages.
Any messages that do not conform to these rules can and will be deleted, in accordance with the Newsvine Code of Honor (user policy). If you have any questions or would like to report an offensive comment, you may contact me here.
Thanks for your understanding.